Study abroad continues to be one of the most effective and beneficial aspects of experience-based learning. Become a global citizen, make new international friends, and become a stand out on any college/career application all while learning a new language.
Students will be placed with local host families in the region, allowing for additional time to practice their host country and exercise curriculum outside of the classroom. Classes will be held in the mornings, to ensure students are able to participate in cultural and recreational activities during afternoons. Our group leaders and school supervisors are well-trained on where to go and what to do in order to provide the safest and most impactful travel and educational experience possible.
WHY STUDY ABROAD?
One Step Initiative facilitates an interdisciplinary international education development program that prepares students (also called Youth Global Ambassadors) for global leadership, international education and intercultural immersion experiences. One Step Initiative frames learning experiences within the context of cultural exchange and language learning activities. For each travel segment, our leaders integrate a six-month development program along with a student orientation, parent discussion, and debriefing.
Selection into the One Step Initiative Youth Global Ambassadors Program is based on the following criteria*:
- Completed application.
- One letter of recommendation (must be from high school teacher or guidance counselor).
- One student bio written by participant. Minimum of 300 words.
- Parent authorization form (for minors only).
- Meet the minimum age requirement (16-18), GPA (2.95/4.0 GPA scale), and any prerequisites, if applicable.
- Most up-to-date medical history.
- $150 application deposit (towards passport registration).
- Parental involvement.
*Subject to change based on custom program and/or adjustments in program schedule.